Proper aquarium service requires a two-fold approach:
- The most important focus is on the Environment.
- The second and most obvious to the client is Cleanliness.
We put the environment first because we believe that a tank full of healthy fish and corals is the most beautiful of tanks and should be the primary goal of a service company. We classify the environment as a composite of the water and the structure, or reef within which the fish and corals live. We maintain the environment by carefully monitoring the water parameters and making adjustments or changes as necessary.
Stability is the key to our success. We achieve that success by carefully testing and documenting your tanks specific parameters and following up, week after week to ensure consistency and thus stability.
A key component of aquarium environment management is carefully balancing the stocking density and mix of fish, corals, and invertebrates. For example too many fish equals too much food which creates too much waste and finally a potentially unhealthy aquarium. Our expert staff can ensure you have a well planned aquarium that meets these criteria while providing an excellent mix of fish and corals for your enjoyment.
Cleaning is the easy part. Cleaning is a matter of just that, cleaning. The key is a trained staff that cleans without making a mess or damaging the equipment. We take extra care to ensure that all components of the aquarium are properly and carefully cleaned.
We are experts at cleaning acrylic and ensuring it remains scratch free and polished.
With our use of the "natural system" we let nature take care of a lot of the cleaning. We use an interesting group of invertebrates to assist us in keeping the sand and rocks clean. These clean up critters are quite interesting and can be as fun to watch as any fish.
We focus on minimizing the intrusive cleaning activity often performed by inexperienced and poorly equipped service companies. Such intrusive activity can be overly stressful to the tank inhabitants. We maintain a full complement of modern tools and equipment to properly manage your aquarium(s).
Our duties at each visit:
- Visually inspect health of animals and proper operation of system.
- Clean the interior surfaces of the glass or acrylic.
- Perform a thorough test routine with our lab grade test kits.
- Perform water changes as necessary - typically 10 to 20% per month. Each system will have specific needs.
- Clean and adjust all mechanical equipment.
- Dose appropriate trace elements.
- Deliver fish, corals, food, chemicals and supplies.
- Provide training to yourself or your staff on proper feeding techniques and on fish behavior.
- Record any needs for next visit and provide service details to client via our service slip.
- Leave you with a clean and healthy aquarium.
Feed the fish.
Enjoy the aquarium(s).
Aquarium Evaluation: This is a service to "evaluate" all aspects of your aquarium. If you are having issues or are concerned with the overall health of your aquarium this service can help. One of our well trained staff will thoroughly review all pertinent aspects of the aquarium. This includes a look with a trained eye, testing of specific water parameters, reviewing the equipment for proper functionality and performance, and taking a history with you to help solve any issues you may be having.
Service Evaluation: If you are considering having your aquarium professionally serviced or are not happy with your current service provider this service can help. Whether as a second opinion or as a validation, good or bad, one of our well trained service personnel will evaluate your aquarium with a thorough review and provide honest feedback in regards to the condition of the aquarium and outline steps for improvement or assist with the transition.