Saltwater Aquarium & Reef Maintenance
Custom Aquarium Concepts, Inc. maintains saltwater reef aquariums for residential and commercial clients throughout the Greater Washington D.C. area. We deliver proper aquarium service through a two-fold approach:
- The most important focus is on the marine environment.
- The second and most evident to our clients is cleanliness.
Our aquarium maintenance services are delivered by a select group of carefully screened saltwater reef experts and enthusiasts who have the knowledge and experience that helps ensure your marine environment is healthy and suitable for the fish and corals who live in your aquarium.
The Marine Environment
A tank full of healthy fish and corals is the most beautiful of tanks and achieving this is our primary goal. We classify the environment as a composite of the water and the structure, or reef, within which the fish and corals live. We maintain the environment by carefully monitoring the water parameters and making adjustments or changes as necessary. Stability is the key to our success, and we achieve that success by carefully testing and documenting your tank’s specific parameters and following up at each service visit to ensure consistency and thus stability.
A key component of aquarium environment management is carefully balancing the stocking density and mix of fish, corals, and invertebrates. For example, too many fish equals too much food which creates too much waste and a potentially unhealthy aquarium. Our expert staff can ensure you have a well planned aquarium that meets these criteria while providing an excellent mix of fish and corals for your enjoyment.
Cleaning is the easy part. Cleaning is a matter of just that, cleaning. The key is a trained staff that cleans without making a mess or damaging the equipment. We take extra care to ensure that all components of the aquarium are properly and carefully cleaned. We are experts at cleaning acrylic and ensuring it remains scratch free and polished. Our use of the “natural system” lets nature take care of a lot of the cleaning. We use an interesting group of invertebrates to assist us in keeping the sand and rocks clean. These “cleanup critters” are quite interesting and can be as fun to watch as any fish. We focus on minimizing the intrusive cleaning activity often performed by inexperienced and poorly equipped service companies. Such intrusive activity can be overly stressful to the tank inhabitants. We maintain a full complement of modern tools and equipment to properly manage your aquarium(s).
Aquarium Maintenance Service Visits
Each aquarium maintenance service includes the following:
- Visually inspect the health of animals and proper operation of the system.
- Clean the interior surfaces of the glass or acrylic.
- Perform a thorough test routine with our laboratory grade test kits.
- Perform water changes as necessary – typically 10 to 20% per month. Each system will have specific needs.
- Clean and adjust all mechanical equipment.
- Dose appropriate trace elements.
- Deliver fish, corals, food, chemicals and supplies.
- Provide training to you or your staff on proper feeding techniques and on fish behavior.
- Record any needs for the next visit and provide service details to client via our service slip.
- Leave you with a clean and healthy aquarium.
All you need to do is feed your fish and enjoy your aquarium(s)!
Schedule a Free Aquarium Maintenance Consultation Today!
As a leading provider of maintenance services for reef tanks in the Washington D.C. area, we invite you to reach out to us and learn how we can help you maintain and improve your saltwater aquarium’s environment and cleanliness. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you in reaching your saltwater aquarium goals.